MINISTRY OF TRADE INDUSTRY AND COOPERATIVES
GREAT LAKES TRADE FACILITATION PROJECT
STR LAUNCH AND ESTABLISHMENT OF JOINT BORDER COMMITTES
DATE: 19THTO 21ST JUNE 2018
LOCATION:GOLI WOMEN’S VOCATIONAL CENTER
- 1.0 BACKGROUND
- 2.0 PURPOSE OF THE REPORT
- 2.1 OPENING SESSION
- 2.2 OFFICAL LAUNCH OF STR AT GOLI
- 2.2.1 Remarks by State Minister of Trade
- 2.2.2 Remarks by Selected Speakers.
- 22.214.171.124 LC1 Chairperson-Buma East Village
- 126.96.36.199 LC3 Chairperson
- 188.8.131.52 CBTA Chairman
- 184.108.40.206 Representative to the Permanent Secretary
- 220.127.116.11 LC5 Chairperson
- 18.104.22.168 Chief Administrative Officer
- 22.214.171.124 RDC –Nebbi District
- 3.0 Presentations from Various Facilitators
- 3.1 Overview of GLTFP
- 3.2 Simplified Trade Regime and the COMESA Charter.
- 3.3 Entrepreneurship and business development and development services for improvement of trade across the border.
- 3.4 Enhancing Cross Border Trade (Gender and Trade)
- 3.5 Outcome of the bilateral meeting between Uganda and DRC at Kasese.
- 3.6 Understanding Joint Border Committees, Setting TOR and Formation of the JBC
- 3.7 Establishment of the Joint Border Committee
- 4.0 Recommended actions
- 4.1 Remarks by DRC Delegation
- 4.2 Conclusion
- Annex 1-Presentations