Following the various presentations, the key issues noted were;
- Competition among different Co-operatives (CBTA’s, Women CBTA’s & other Cooperatives), different from Traders and the need to harmonize the various groups in order to work coherently and effectively.
- Provision of a Booklet to local Traders to enable them understand the various tax rates charged for various goods. This was promised by MTIC to be provided at Customs office.
- Performance Based Management in Cross Border Trade. This was suggested by Mr.Kizza David after his presentation. Installing cameras to capture activity at the border areas would help improve performance as well as serve the Traders better.
- Institutionalize gender balance by having Women as part and partial of the leadership team, which would empower them to voice their concerns and take part in taking decisions.
- Design facilities that favor all groups especially PWDs and the elderly. This was a suggestion by Mr.Nsamba Michael in order to consider all groups in CBT.
- Report Officials at the Border who harass Traders are illiterate and they don’t understand the regulations.