This was facilitated by Mr. Kasirye Julius, the Commercial officer from MTIC who took the participants through the roles & Co-ordination of the Joint Border Committee. These included;
- Co-ordination between Uganda & DRC-Integration synchronization, harmonization of activities and responsibilities in the conduct of cross border trade by the cross border agencies.
- Promote inter agency communication & coordination among agencies of DRC & Uganda.
- Act as a platform to address challenges faced by Traders such as corruption, harassment especially by the women traders.
- Provide advisory services to Joint Border Traders for example legal immigration.
- Sit regularly to find out challenges and joint solutions.